So for the labor story:
On Tuesday I was having regular contractions-which I found out were braxton hicks contractions later on. But they were every 5 minutes. They did not hurt too bad. I called the midwife and asked what she thought I should do. They told me to come in and they would check me and we'd go from there. So we went in and the doctor said we were at a 3 and it was up to us if we wanted to go to the hospital or not. Since they contractions didnt hurt that bad we decided to go home and wait it out. Well that night I decided to take Tally for a walk and then take a hot bath to see if that would speed things along. By the time we went to bed my contractions had slowed way down and I was bummed because I knew nothing was going to happen that night.
Well I woke up at 1:20 am to go to the bathroom and when I went back and layed in bed I could feel something was off. I could feel in my stomach something was going to happen. And sure enough I heard a little pop noise and then my water broke-grossest thing ever!! I woke Pat up and was like Oh my god my water just broke! Then we ran to the bathroom and called the midwife. By then my contractions were every 3-4 minutes and coming very strong-definately not like they were the day before! We got to the hospital at 3 AM and they gave me the first round of painkillers around 4am. Those were not helping me whatsoever and I told them I was going to need an epidural. I got that around 5 and was a happy girl from then on out. I did not like the way it made my legs feel like they were 100lbs each! Well we were dilated to a 9 at noon but nothing was happening. So at 6pm they decided to start pitocin. After that I started pushing around 7:30 and within and hour and 15 min she was here. The labor hurt like hell. After every push I was determined that she was never going to come out. It really hurt-I dont think anyone told me just how much! But I have a great husband who was there telling me that I could do this the whole time. There were times where I just looked at him and it made me feel alittle better. He definately is my rock.
1 comment:
You guys are such a sweet family :)
I am sooooo happy for you & think you are the luckiest girl in the world.
Post a Comment